Below are terms and conditions that govern the use of this website, and state your rights and obligations when accessing and/or using the information and services on the site. If you are accessing this website, you acknowledge and agree that these terms and conditions are binding on you and constitute an agreement between you, the customer, and us, ORGANISER, for such access and/or use.
These current terms and conditions supersede any previous terms and conditions you may have received or accessed to date via the portal. Your continued use and/or access of the services will be deemed to be your acceptance of these current terms and conditions.
Limitation of Liability
You expressly understand and agree that the Organisers shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill or other intangible losses resulting from:
• The use or inability to use the portal
• The cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the portal
• Unauthorised access to or alteration of your transmission or data
• Statements or conduct of any third party on the portal
• Any other matter relating to the portal.
The Organisers may provide links to other websites. Such linked websites are owned and operated by third parties and as such, the Organisers has no control over such sites and resources. You acknowledge and agree that the Organisers is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any contents, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources.
You further acknowledge and agree that the Organisers shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
Modifications to Terms of Service
The Organisers reserves the right at all times to vary, modify, delete or add to these Terms and Conditions by giving you prior notice thereof. However, in cases of urgency or in order to protect the security of the portal or in other circumstances beyond our control, when the Organisers finds it necessary to vary, modify, delete or add to these Terms and Conditions, it may do so without prior notice to you.
It is accepted that in order to keep yourself up-to-date with any variation, modification, deletion or addition to these Terms and Conditions, you agree to access and peruse these Terms and Conditions periodically and on a regular basis. You further agree and accept that your continued access and use of these Terms and Condition (as varied or modified from time to time) will amount to your acceptance of any variation, deletion, modification or addition to these Terms and Conditions.
Modification to the Service
The Organisers reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the service (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that the Organisers shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the service.
- Text source available in https://buildxpo.com.my - User must agreed with Terms and Condition and PDPA by checking “I have read the Terms and Condition and PDPA and hereby agree to proceed”
The following policy explains the general terms of how the ORGANISER(referred to as "we", "us" or "our") collect and process your personal data.
The ORGANISER is committed to the protection of your personal data and compliance to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 ("PDPA") and any other applicable laws and regulations governed in Malaysia and outside Malaysia. By providing your personal data to us, you acknowledge and consent for your personal data being processed by us and to be disclosed to third parties according to this policy.
Collection of Personal Data
The ORGANISER collects your personal data in the course of your dealings with us. The personal data collected by us may include but are not limited, to the following:
• Name and identification number
• Contact information
• Email address
• House Address
• Banking information
• Passport number and details
• Information of your company (including name, address, registration number, business interests)
The ORGANISER also collects personal data in relation to its role as an employer including contact details, date of birth, qualifications, skills, health information and salary details. In the course of browsing BuildXpo's website and its online services, BuildXpo collects the Internet Protocol (IP) address and cookies.
Ways of Collecting Personal Data
We may collect the personal data through various methods and channels including but not limited to:
• Through your verbal and written communication with us
• Communication with you via electronics means
• From third party connected with you, such as employers, contractors, agents, subject to your prior consent.
Use of Personal Data
The ORGANISER may process the personal data collected for the purposes that are necessary or related to its functions and activities, including (but not limited to) the following:
• To promote, assist and develop Malaysia's external trade with particular emphasis on the export of manufactured and semi-manufactured products and, on a selective basis, imports
• To formulate and implement a national export marketing strategy to promote the export of manufactured and semi-manufactured products
• To undertake commercial intelligence and market research and create a comprehensive database of information for the improvement and development of trade
• To organize training programmes to improves the international marketing skills of the Malaysian exporters
• To enhance and protect Malaysia’s international trade interests abroad
• To represent Malaysia in any international forum in respect of any matter relating to trade
• To develop, promote, facilitate and assist in the service areas related to trade
• To advise the Government on matters affecting or in any way connected with trade and to act as the agent of the Government or for any person, body or organization on such matters
• To do all such other matters and things as may be incidental to or consequential upon the discharge of its functions
If you do not provide us with your personal data, we may not be able to provide you with our services or respond to any enquiries or requests you submit to us.
Your personal data may be shared where necessary so as to serve you. An example might be in terms of resolving or addressing complaints that require escalation to other Government agencies. The ORGANISER will not share your personal data with non-Government entities, except where such entities have been authorized to carry out specific Government services. We may also disclose your personal data to local and overseas recipients when performing our functions and/or activities.
Your personal data will be retained for the purposes to which it was collected and processed, or to comply with any legal, regulatory or internal requirements. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that all personal data is destroyed or permanently deleted if it is no longer required for the purpose for which it was collected and processed.
You have a right to request for access to and correction of your personal data. You may also withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data. To make these requests, or if you have any questions or complaints about how we handle your personal data, please communicate with The ORGANISER [email protected]
Keeping Your Personal Data Secure
We use appropriate security measures to protect your personal data. Where we consider necessary or appropriate, we may transfer the personal data to a third party appointed by The ORGANISER within or outside Malaysia, under similar level of security measures for the purpose of data storage, backup or processing.
Link to Other Websites
Changes to This Policy